There is no greater example of how the body can adapt and change than throughout pregnancy. Sometimes these changes can result in some aches and pains that, although common, are not easy to put up with. Luckily you don’t have just suffer these unpleasant pains as osteopathic treatment may be able to help.
Osteopathy is a safe and gentle way to help you be comfortable during this special time. Some symptoms that we can help with during pregnacy include:
- Lower back pain, sacroiliac joint pain
- Sciatica and leg pain associated with back pain
- Generalised muscular pain
- SPD (symphysis pubis dysfunction) – pain or discomfort in the joint at the front of the pelvis
- Rib and thoracic spinal problems leading to difficulty in deep breathing
- Neck aches and headaches
- Digestive problems
- Circulatory problems
Osteopaths have an in-depth knowledge of postural and biomechanical patterns that can result in the various aches and pains that are common in pregnancy. With an indepth review of your symptoms we can work out what will be the best treatment for you, then using various gentle techniques, advice, and exercises that can be done at home, we can help mums have a more enjoyable pregnancy with less pain and a better quality of life.
PLEASE NOTE – To have osteopathic treatment while pregnant it is best to wait until you have had your 20 week scan
Do you want to know what is causing your pain and if we can help? Why not take advantage of our new patient assessment introductory offer to get you started towards a tailor made recovery plan for only £19.
Are you in a lot of pain and want to get better as soon as possible? If so then why not book in for a new patient consultation, with treatment on the day, for £60.
We are also there to help you from home. Take a look at our suite of exercise resources and advice sheets which you can easily download and use from home.
Sources for this text
At Align Body Clinic our osteopath and expert in pregnancy related pain, Sheena Harper (hyperlink to Sheena’s profile), can provide assistance in various ways;
- Undertaking a thorough case history and examination to produce an accurate diagnosis of your symptoms.
- Using gentle techniques such as massage and joint articulation to help the body absorb the changes necessary for the mother and baby to grow comfortably.
- Personally prescribed exercises for you to do at home to help keep you mobile and comfortable throughout your pregnancy.
- Sheena’s experience and expert knowledge, coupled with her friendly nature and thorough approach to her job has resulted in her helping many mothers to be have a more comfortable and enjoyable pregnancy.
At Align our focus in on providing expert, up to date care to patients in Bath and the surrounding areas to help them relieve their pain and achieve the most active life possible. Here are just a few of the ways we do this;
- We support your recovery, tailoring your treatment to your goals and a pace that works for you
- We combine exercise and hands on treatment giving you control over your recovery
- Our team of friendly, experienced osteopaths are available when you need us
- Our treatment is clinically based, practical and delivers tangible results
- We offer a low cost new patient assessment for just £19 so you can see for yourself who we are and how we work, with no obligation or risk
- We are continually researching new methods of treatment and where appropriate adapting our practices
- We can provide treatment quickly and offer an easy online booking system so you can arrange the help you need when it suits you
Still unsure? Don’t take our word for it, read some of the feedback from patients about how we have made a difference to their lives below.