Are you suffering with muscle stiffness or tightness and unable to move without experiencing pain? Have you had to stop taking part in your favourite sport or simply find normal day to day activities more difficult?
A deep tissue or sports massage with our registered osteopath Sheena Harper in Bath can help to restore pain free movement. Not just for people who play sports, although many people who play sport get regular deep tissue massage, the body’s soft tissues can become stiff and tight simply through repetitive daily activities such as prolonged computer use, driving or standing at work.
Sports, or deep tissue massage is individually tailored application of soft tissue massage and stretching techniques applied to muscle and soft tissues of the body to treat the stress, tension and fatigue that occurs through occupational, recreational or sporting activity.
Over time, through the body’s natural adaption to movement, the soft tissues of the body can become fibrous and ‘stuck’ to each other. This can mean that individual muscles can no longer perform their highly specialised function and may feel stiff and tight. The various techniques deployed in deep tissue massage can help break down these ‘stuck’ areas, making the muscles move more efficiently and feel much more fluid and easy to move.
The main reasons that our patients come to us for regular deep tissue massages are;
- tight and stiff shoulders and neck
- stiff lower back
- sore calves from over training
- tight hips and hamstrings
A sports massage treatment increases range of movement, flexibility and relieves muscle soreness and tension. It can also assist in injury prevention and promotes faster recovery from training, competition and injury.
If you are feeling the effects of a heavy physical training schedule or feeling “knotted up” with stress then a deep tissue massage will help you feel more energised and like your old self.
At Align our focus in on providing expert, up to date care to help you relieve pain and achieve the most active life possible. Here are just a few of the ways we do this;
- we support your recovery, tailoring your treatment to your goals and a pace that works for you
- we believe that there is a difference between hard and deep massage. We will work to the depth necessary to get results but always keep your comfort as our focus.
- our team of friendly, experienced osteopaths are available when you need us
- we offer a new patient 45 min deep tissue / sports massage for just £48 to help start your recovery
- we are continually researching new methods of treatment and where appropriate adapting our practices
- we can provide treatment quickly and offer an easy online booking system so you can arrange the help you need when it suits you
Our sports massage is delivered by Sheena. Her excellent knowledge of anatomy and biomechanics, coupled with over 12 years experience mean that her treatments really get to the area that is giving you trouble.