Are you in pain? Is the pain preventing you from doing the things you love, or making daily tasks more difficult than they should?
This doesn’t have to be the case. All too often we put up with pain and limitations on our daily lives as a consequence of age and lifestyle when we don’t have to.
Our qualified osteopaths in Bath can work with you to get rid of most body pain and restore pain free movement, enabling you to keep enjoying your activities, sports or hobbies and stop taking painkillers.
Osteopathy is a patient centred method of healthcare built on the understanding that a person’s health is dependant on the effective functioning of their structure (ligaments, tendons bones etc.). Osteopathy is concerned with improving the functioning of a person’s structure to positively impact their health, this is achieved, where possible, without the need for drugs or surgery.
Our osteopaths are qualified to Masters degree level and use a mix of manual techniques such as manipulation, stretching, deep tissue massage and medical acupuncture to increase the mobility of joints and enhance blood and nerve supply to tissues in order to help the body heal.
Osteopaths have a very detailed understanding of anatomy, physiology and how a person’s structure may impact their health, this knowledge is used to accurately diagnose the cause of a person’s complaint and to decide on the best way to resolve it.
All osteopaths are required by law to register with the General Osteopathic Council (GOsC) which sets the standards for the industry. At Align we are also proud to be members of the Institute of Osteopathy.
Osteopaths are not only able to treat injuries arising from muscles, ligaments and bones but can also deal with symptoms arising from other more systemic diseases (often alongside standard medical care programmes). Specific conditions that osteopathy has been shown to be of benefit for include;
- General aches and pains
- Sports injuries
- Joint pains
- Arthritic pain
- Neck, mid and lower back pain
- Frozen shoulder
- Tennis elbow
- Circulatory problems
- Digestion problems
- Muscle spasms
- Inability to relax, rheumatic pain
The Effectiveness of Manual Therapies; The UK Evidence Report concludes that there is evidence that osteopathic techniques may be beneficial in other conditions such as:
- Acute ‘whiplash’ disorders (after investigation by a doctor)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis
- Patello-femoral pain syndrome
- Stage one hypertension (alongside medical supervision)
If you are suffering from any of the above conditions and want to get help to relieve the pain and other symptoms contact our team of professional osteopaths for an initial consultation.
At Align our focus in on providing expert, up to date care to help you relieve your pain and achieve the most active life possible. Here are just a few of the ways we do this;
- we support your recovery, tailoring your treatment to your goals and a pace that works for you
- we combine exercise and hands on treatment giving you control over your recovery
- our team of friendly, experienced osteopaths are available when you need us
- our treatment is clinically based, practical and delivers tangible results
- we offer a low cost new patient assessment for just £19 so you can see for yourself who we are and how we work, with no obligation or risk
- we are continually researching new methods of treatment and where appropriate adapting our practices
- we can provide treatment quickly and offer an easy online booking system so you can arrange the help you need when it suits you
Still unsure? Don’t take our word for it, read some of the feedback from patients about how we have made a difference to their lives here.