We see a lot of people with acute low back pain in our clinic, in fact low...
Are you pregnant and suffering from aches and pains?
There is no greater example of how the body can adapt and change than throughout pregnancy. Sometimes these changes can result in some aches and pains that, although common, are not easy to put up with. Luckily you don't have just suffer these unpleasant pains as osteopathic treatment may be able to help.
Pregnancy Osteopathy Treatment
Osteopathy is a safe and gentle way to help you be comfortable during this special time. Some symptoms that we can help with during pregnacy include:
- Lower back pain, sacroiliac joint pain
- Sciatica and leg pain associated with back pain
- Generalised muscular pain
- SPD (symphysis pubis dysfunction) – pain or discomfort in the joint at the front of the pelvis
- Rib and thoracic spinal problems leading to difficulty in deep breathing
- Neck aches and headaches
- Digestive problems
- Circulatory problems
What our Clients Say
How can Seeing an Osteopath Help?
Osteopaths have an in-depth knowledge of postural and biomechanical patterns that can result in the various aches and pains that are common in pregnancy. With an indepth review of your symptoms we can work out what will be the best treatment for you, then using various gentle techniques, advice, and exercises that can be done at home, we can help mums have a more enjoyable pregnancy with less pain and a better quality of life. For more information on how osteopathy can help with pain during pregnancy then you can read our longer blog post on the topic here.
PLEASE NOTE - To have osteopathic treatment while pregnant it is best to wait until you have had your 20 week scan
If you would like to book a consultation to get a diagnosis of your symptoms then why not take advantage of our £19 offer.
Alternatively, if you know you would like a treatment why not book in for a new patient consultation, with treatment on the day, for £60.
Our Pregnancy Practitioner
At Align Body Clinic our osteopath and expert in pregnancy related pain, Sheena Harper, can provide assistance in various ways;
- Undertaking a thorough case history and examination to produce an accurate diagnosis of your symptoms.
- Using gentle techniques such as massage and joint articulation to help the body absorb the changes necessary for the mother and baby to grow comfortably.
- Personally prescribed exercises for you to do at home to help keep you mobile and comfortable throughout your pregnancy.
Sheena’s experience and expert knowledge, coupled with her friendly nature and thorough approach to her job has resulted in her helping many mothers to be have a more comfortable and enjoyable pregnancy.
Sheena Harper, M.ost
Sheena not only has a Master’s degree in Osteopathy, she is a qualified practitioner of Western Medical Acupuncture, a highly effective method of pain management.
This mix of disciplines enables her to help people of all ages with a wide range of ailments and injuries.
Sheena takes a friendly but focused approach to getting her patients pain-free.
What our Clients Say