Did you know that there are several anatomical structures in our bodys that...
Katy Plowright (FdSc.Couns, Dip.Couns, Registered MBACP)
Counselling & Psychotherapy
As a registered practitioner with The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) I provide a professional, confidential and relaxed counselling & psychotherapy service for both male and female clients. I offer short term counselling, focusing on a specific problem such as a bereavement or a life change; or open ended psychotherapy, suitable for a deeper exploration and more thorough review of your life.
Struggling with depression, anxiety, bereavement and relationships issues can impact our daily lives, leaving us not coping or just 'existing'. As a qualified practitioner I can explore with you these and other areas, helping to identify your needs for changing and supporting you to a more rewarding way of living.
I work collaboratively and flexibly with individuals to create an environment which enables exploration of the challenges and struggles encountered in life. I believe counselling is an investment in yourself. Therapy can be used for working through particular difficulties and problems; for personal development; to align yourself back to who you’re meant to be when life has gone off track, allowing a more rewarding way of being.
I work in an Integrative Humanistic way, acknowledging clients have different needs, so no one single approach is sufficient. I can draw on theories from:
- Humanistic and Existential Psychology
- Person Centred approach
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Transpersonal Psychology
- Solution Focused Counselling
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based practice
Experience & Background:
- Currently working as a counsellor in a Bereavement Agency since 2003.
- Drugs & Alcohol Counsellor within an Addictions, Homelessness & Social Exclusion Service.
- 10 years’ experience of working in HR, Training & Development management roles in a large corporate environment responsible for the health & wellbeing of all employees.
- 6 years’ experience in Sales Management.
Areas of Interest:
Although I work with a wide range of psychological difficulties and life challenges I have a special interest in working with anxiety, depression, addiction, bereavement, grief and loss, workplace stress or ‘burnout’.
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling (Bath Spa University) - Distinction
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Accredited Bereavement Worker
- Certificate in Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults
- Certificate in Training Practice
- Registered member of The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Registrant on the BACP Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists - Registration number 130318
For more information please visit The Bath Counselling Practice www.thebcp.co.uk
Or call me on 07788 644333 or email me at email@example.com for an initial confidential discussion regarding your needs.